Turkey, Vegetable, and Ranch Wrap

This past week I have been at my field site in northern Georgia working on my research. After coming here since September, I finally found an oasis of wifi in Toccoa, Georgia, at a cafe. I feel like I am a part of the real world again! Without access to email, sometimes I feel like I can barely function.

When I go out into the woods, I take my lunch with me, and yesterday I made a pretty boss wrap sandwich. It had ranch, turkey, and lots of veggies and sharp cheddar cheese. I love wraps because when you cut into them they look really pretty. The sad thing is, as I was sitting in my car eating my lunch, the biggest bee I have ever seen in my life flew into my car. I got so freaked out I jumped out of my car and half of my wrap fell into the dirt. To add insult to injury, the bee started chasing me and I was running circles around my car until the bee got bored and flew away. It was a sad thing to lose my sandwich, but at least I had the other half, which I had kept in my hand while I was frantically running around my car. It wasn't the first loss of my lunch; when I was hiking I was eating a granola bar, and half of it broke off and rolled down the hill. It was a total bummer. My apple was the only thing that stayed intact.



Here's the recipe for my lovely sandwich...let's hope I get to eat a whole one next time :\

Turkey, Vegetable, and Ranch Wrap

1 8-inch flour tortilla, any flavor
1 1/2 tbsp light ranch dressing
2 oz (about 3 thin slices) of turkey breast
1/8 cup julienned yellow bell pepper
1/8 cup seeded julienned tomato
1/8 cup loosely-packed torn baby spinach
1/8 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese

1. Lay the tortilla out flat and spread with the dressing, leaving a 1-inch perimeter bare around the tortilla.
2. Lay the turkey over the surface of the tortilla.
3. Arrange the vegetables and cheese in a line down the center of the tortilla so that the ends of the line are on your right and left side.
4. Fold the right and left ends over the tortilla, then take the edge of the tortilla that is closest to you and start rolling away from you until the seam-side of the tortilla is against your work surface.
5. Cut the tortilla in half on the diagonal. Serve immediately or wrap in foil and serve later.






Serving size: 1 wrap
Per wrap:
Calories: 265
Fat: 10.5 g
Saturated fat: 2.6 g
Cholesterol: 41 mg
Sodium: 918 mg
Carbohydrates: 26.8 g
Fiber: 3.8 g
Sugar: 4.3 g
Protein: 17 g

Labels: , , , ,