Crispy Moroccan-Spiced Chickpeas

I have officially moved into my new apartment and have been enjoying cooking in my new, larger kitchen. My parents came for the week for a visit and we cooked some nice meals. It made it a lot easier to cook now that I have the cooking equipment and cookbooks that I left with me in Indiana when I moved to Georgia.

Now that I have my South Beach Diet cookbook back, I'm going to start referring to it to inspire my creativity. Today I decided to cook from it one of the snack recipes, which is crispy roasted chickpeas. I decided to spice up the plain chickpeas with some Moroccan spices. These should make a nice afternoon or evening snack.





Crispy Moroccan-Spiced Chickpeas

1 14.5-15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
non-stick cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Arrange the chickpeas on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
3. Sprinkle all the spices over the chickpeas and toss to coat.
4. Bake the chickpeas for 50 minutes, or until they are toasty enough to rattle on the pan, tossing them at least once during cooking. Allow them to cool, then serve. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.

Servings per recipe: 4
Per serving:
Calories: 70
Fat: 1 g
Saturated fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 10 mg
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 4 g

Labels: , , , ,