Halloween!
















I hope you all had a lovely Halloween. While I didn't host a party myself, I did make one thing for a party I was invited to. For my October birthday friends, a friend and I decorated a chocolate cake with a cemetery scene. We colored cream cheese frosting with green food color for the grass of the cemetery. We used candies to add ghosts and black cats and pumpkins. The fun part was cutting cookies to look like graves. We found 2 big chocolate tombstones (we called them Savannah mausoleums) that we set into the cake, and then used crushed cookies to give them the freshly-laid-to-rest look. Unfortunately, we forgot the candles...they would have looked really cool because they were black-and-white with dots or stripes on them.


My costume was so fun to make. I was the Corpse Bride from the Tim Burton movie Corpse Bride. I made my dress out of slips and a set of curtains, which were dyed blue with spray paint. I think I looked pretty close to the real deal, especially with the sad eyebrows!

Labels: , ,