Thanksgiving with Friends

I know it's already December, thus making a post of Thanksgiving a bit late. I decided to post anyway because I am proud of the spread my friends and I set up for an early Thanksgiving party. I made an apple tart and sweet potato crisp, which you can see in the pictures. Also, here is a glimpse of the whole table, complete with two types of cranberry sauce. The main course was tur-duc-hen, which is basically a tasty abomination of the protein world: a boned chicken and duck stuffed inside a partially-boned turkey, along with stuffing. Weird, but good.


Here's my friend carving up the tur-duc-hen. You can see all the layers of meat and stuffing. It was Cajun-spiced, and you can see all the paprika and other spices on the outside too.


















Here's a pic of the whole spread along with both of my desserts (but, the sweet potatoes can be a side dish if you wish). We had pumpkin pie, squash casserole, creamed corn casserole, squash casserole, mac n cheese, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and a pumpkin roll...I'm sure I'm missing a few things in that list. We had a lot of food!





French Apple Tart and Sweet Potato Crisp











Labels: , , , ,