In my previous post, I showed you a recipe for roasted portobello mushrooms, which were simple to prepare and delicious. Those mushrooms made great leftovers and I used them to make a fully-loaded quesadilla, stuffed with the mushrooms, two types of cheese, and juicy tomatoes. This was an easy, healthy meal that I enjoyed while watching tv after a busy day.
Roasted Portobello Mushroom Quesadillas
1 small or half a large roasted portobello mushroom cap
1 8-inch whole wheat or multi-grain tortilla
1/8 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
1/8 cup shredded reduced-fat provolone cheese
2 tbsp seeded chopped tomato
garnishes: sliced avocado, reduced fat sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro
non-stick cooking spray
1. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and spray it with cooking spray.
2. If using a leftover mushroom, re-heat it in a small skillet or microwave. Then, slice it thinly.
3. Place the tortilla in the skillet and place one of the cheeses onto one half of the tortilla. Lay the mushrooms on top, then add the tomatoes and the other remaining cheese.
4. Fold over the bare half of the tortilla on top of the fillings and cook until the first side is golden brown. Gently turn the quesadilla to the other side and allow it to cook until it's golden brown and all the cheese is melted.
5. Remove the quesadilla from the skillet and allow it to rest for a minute, then cut it and arrange it on a plate with your favorite garnishes.
- Calories: 254 (without garnishes)
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Saturated fat: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
- Sodium: 326 mg
- Carbohydrates: 27.5 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Protein: 15 g