Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chewy Cocoa Brownies

I actually made these brownies a while ago to surprise my fellow grad students on a random Friday, however there was hardly anyone in the building! After walking the halls asking people if they'd like a brownie, I left them in the grad lounge where they mysteriously vanished, like most baked goods do when left unattended.

The original recipe for this came from The Cooking Photographer. The reason this recipe appealed to me was because it is made with whole wheat flour, and not out of healthfulness, but because it makes a more chewy brownie than white flour would. I really loved the glossy version of the frosting (which you will see if you go to the original post) but out of impatience I ended up spreading the frosting. I followed the directions to the letter, so I'm not going to re-post the recipe here---I merely wanted to recount a good brownie-making story. Instead, please follow the link above.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails