Thursday, July 8, 2010

My First Contest!

***Closed***

As referenced in my last post, I was randomly chosen by foodbuzz.com to win a prize for my participation infoodbuzz.com's Daily Special Posting Contest. The prize I chose was Wusthof's 7-inch Nakiri knife, which is a beautiful, sleek knife designed to efficiently cut light-weight foods, such as vegetables (I gave a brief review in my last post). As part of my receiving a prize, I was also told 2 lucky readers of this blog will be winning the same prize!

 


If you go to my last post, I prepared a recipe inspired by my sexy new knife: Stir-fried Soba Noodles with Vegetables and Shrimp. You can see how great this knife performs on various levels of use with just this one recipe. Now, for my contest, here are the instructions:

On this blog entry you're reading now:
1) Post the answer to this question as a comment: "What would you make with Wusthof's 7-inch Nakiri knife?"
2) Add your email address to the post (this is for the purpose of contacting the winner).

The contest closes 11:59 pm July 17, 2010. The winner will be chosen by a random number generator (in the order of the comment entry). I will email the winner, who will have 24 hours to get back to me. In the return email, please give me your mailing address. I will notify foodbuzz.com of the winners, and a prize from Chefs Catalogue will be sent to you soon!

As an extra detail I would love to see any recipes that were inspired by this contest (this step is optional and doesn't affect your entry into the contest)! So, if you email me a photo of your recipes, I would dedicate a blog post to a photo montage of your creations! Please see my blogger profile for my contact information.

11 comments:

  1. "What would you make with Wusthof's 7-inch Nakiri knife?"

    I would make a hearty Greek salad, perfect for a summer afternoon by the water. Wonderful.

    (email available on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would you make with Wusthof's 7-inch Nakiri knife?

    I would use it to cut up veggies for a vegetarian pizza with pesto. Great with an IPA beer.

    ~Chase P.
    (you got my email)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous knife! Haha, who would've thought I'd type that sentence at some point in my life? That's awesome that you got one for free.

    You know, I think I'd use it to cut up the veggies for the whole week. I like to get them all chopped up on grocery day to make cooking easier for me during the week.

    My e-mail is RRMParker@gmail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple- I would make an awesome chopped salad to make it through these dog days of summer!! And I could work on my knife skills at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could really use a knife of that quality to better make my fresh Cold Jicama, Rosemary and Dill Salad! A good knife cutting a ripe and fresh Jicama is truly a thing to behold! Thanks for the contest!

    My email is mark@recipes-happen.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would make snot sauce- fresh okra in all its gummy glory. It was a staple food in Benin. I would serve it with the traditional corn 'pate'- cooked corn flour & water in a bread-dough liek consistency. You form it into balls and dip it in the snot sauce. Properly eaten with the right hand and shared with others.----------sarabeall beallsam78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would make my chilled lemon-basil shrimp with fresh bell pepper strips. Oh, yum!

    schwed12 AT gmail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool gift! I'm drooling over the Wusthofs. I'd make a grilled calamari curry! belinda at zomppa.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would totally chop up some veggies for spring rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would use it to slice assorted fresh mushrooms and beef to cook Stir Fry Fresh Mushrooms & Beef Slices With Balsamic Vinegar !!!!

    elinluv@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would use one to chop fresh greens from my garden for a salad.

    smdoty @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails