Foodbuzz Tastemakers: Ghiradelli Luxe Milk Chocolate

As I've mentioned in previous posts, life has been seriously crazy for me lately. I just finished writing my thesis and printed it out...it's about as thick as a phone book! Needless to say, I haven't allowed myself much of a treat in between to celebrate my accomplishments. I just keep....working (sigh).

I was pleased to have a treat delivered to me in the mail, however. It was a sample of Ghiradelli's 100% All Natural LUXE MILK chocolate. Just what I needed! I received the original flavor, almond, and hazelnut flavor. The first one I tried was the almond, which I split with my sweetie. We both loved how the almonds tasted as if they've been toasted, because sometimes you get an almond chocolate and the almonds taste waxy and sort of blah. We also like that it didn't seem to instantly melt to our fingers, like some milk chocolates do. Finally, we both liked that it wasn't offensively sweet. Sometimes milk chocolate can be cloyingly sugary, and the fact that these chocolates were less sweet made them more elegant. My personal favorite was the hazelnut. I love the combo of hazelnut and chocolate for almost any sweet! Finally, the individual wrapping was perfect when you want a little pick-me-up without the temptation of having a big, unwrapped chocolate bar in your pantry, calling your name...


Be sure to look for these coming to your stores, they are seriously good. But Ghiradelli never disappoints!

Labels: , ,