Also, this recipe was invited to be a part of "Sweets for a Saturday" at Sweet as Sugar Cookies, a blog focusing on all things dessert. Please click the link to check out all those fabulous recipes.
1/4 cup unbleached granulated sugar
3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/8 tsp baking powder
scant 1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips or small chocolate chunks
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the sugars, butter, and vanilla.
3. Add the baking powder, salt, and a third of the flour; mix. Add the flour in two more additions, mixing in between each one.
4. Fold in the chocolate, pecans, and oatmeal with a rubber spatula.
5. On parchment-line baking trays, add mounded teaspoon-fulls of the cookie dough. It helps to use two spoons, one to scoop out a little dough, and the other to form a smooth top to the cookie.
6. Bake each tray by itself on the middle rack of the oven, 9-11 minutes (until the outer edges of the cookies are only just firm and very light brown).
7. Remove each tray to a cooling rack and let sit 1-2 minutes. The cookies will firm a little more, and then you can move them to a piece of waxed paper to cool completely. Makes approximately 30 cookies.
- Servings per recipe: 30
- Per serving:
- Calories: 73.5
- Fat: 3.6 g
- Saturated fat: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 5.5 mg
- Sodium: 39.4 mg
- Carbohydrates: 9.7 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Sugar: 8.3 g
- Protein: 0.5 g