Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving! Recipes to come

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving because I certainly did. It was my first time to host Thanksgiving. I wasn't too nerve-wracking because I didn't force myself to make excessively complicated dishes plus I prepared several things ahead of time. I have to admit, cooking my first turkey was a bit unnerving, but I researched a lot of sites which helped me figure out my methodology well in advance and  it turned out really delicious.




My menu included:


Superstuffed Deviled Eggs
Baby butter lettuce salad with feta, dried cranberries, pecans, and green apple with raspberry vinaigrette
Easy Green Beans with Caramelized Onions
Parsnip-Apple Mash
Sweet Potato Crisp (a grain-free re-vamp from my old version)
Spiced Cran-Apple Sauce
Dry-brined Herbed Turkey
Wine: 2010 Chateau Ste. Michelle Chardonnay

It was so nice sharing this meal not only with my parents but with some of my grad student family. It made all the effort worthwhile.

One significant thing about this Thanksgiving was that it was grain-free and pretty healthy if I do say so myself. I will post the recipes in stages over the next couple of weeks, and I hope they help as we progress through the holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. I can say, from being a guest at this beautiful feast, that is was delicious! The turkey was so moist, and all the side dishes were wonderful!! This was one of the best Thanksgivings I have ever had!! Bella's mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. A comment like that makes it all worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails