Allowing a little time for creativity this week

N'oatmeal Raisin Cookies from the Food Lover's Primal Palate
As I mentioned before, the last month involved submitting 3 scholarship applications, an exam, and a big project. Needless to say I a lot of my cooking has been pared down. The last two days, however, everything I have been working on came to a screeching halt when I submitted my last scholarship application. I made it through all that stuff I had to do! I just couldn't get my brain into reading articles, so in the past day and a half I have been taking care of some neglected stuff like getting contact lenses, changing my oil (don't get me started on that one...it turned from a simple task to a 2-hour ordeal...), and yes, having a bit of fun! I have been stress-relieving by going to my yoga class and I took the time to bake and brainstorm recipes. This week I baked a batch of cookies from The Food Lover's Primal Palate cookbook called The Food Lovers Make it Paleo. I love, love, love that cookbook. I have made a lot of recipes so far and I hope to do a recipe roundup. This week I made their N'oatmeal Raisin Cookies (which is such a cute name) and they tasted just like the real thing! I didn't miss the oatmeal texture at all. The only changes I made to the recipe were, instead of making 12 cookies, I made 16 so they would be a bit smaller. Also I added a scant teaspoon of salt because I had a premonition that a whole teaspoon would be too salty for my taste, and I am glad I did. I think next time I will only add half a teaspoon, but it could just be that I'm using a different type of salt than them. I used fine sea salt, but ingredients can have variability in quality and flavor. I will definitely make these again!

The dry ingredients...the variation in color was really pretty
Now I just need a cup of tea!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,