Friday, May 4, 2012

Dinner the Other Night: Pretty Plate



I just wanted to show my dinner from the other night, which was actually very quick to prepare. I made one of my standby dinners, which are little burger stacks or burger salads: basically I make mini burgers and stack them with lettuce, tomato, and avocado. I added Dijon mustard, but that's not in the picture. They are delicious and I can make a big pan of mini burgers to enjoy for quick breakfasts and take to work with me for lunch. To season about 1 lb of grass-fed ground beef I add about 3 or 4 tablespoons of finely diced onion and about a tablespoon of my favorite grill seasoning, which is World Market's Argentinian Steak Seasoning. I like it because it's not too salty compared to others from the grocery store. I then cook the meat in a dry pan because the meat has enough oil and juices in it to keep it from sticking.


Also on my plate are snow peas which I actually cooked in the same sauce for as my Honey-Lemon Glazed Pork Tenderloin Medallion, but I decreased the cooking time and cooked them until they were tender-crisp. I used a whole pound of snow peas that were pre-washed from the grocery store, which made this side dish really quick to pull together. They were really good!



This meal came together in less that 30 minutes and the leftovers lasted me several meals. I know that one of the most intimidating things about healthy eating is that prep can take a long time, but that's not true in all cases especially if it doesn't bother you to eat leftovers (honestly, I couldn't do this without leftovers...they are a huge time saver)!







1 comment:

  1. This looks really good, love the colors too!! Mina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails