Saturday, June 16, 2012

Whole 30 Day 10

I'm officially one-third of the way through Whole 30!

This morning I woke up well before my normal alarm clock would go off. There's something about waking up on your own that really sets you up for a good day. I had a big breakfast because I was actually a little hungry when I went to bed last night, but I chose not to snack because I didn't want to go to bed with food in my stomach. I usually don't sleep well right after eating. I had some more leftover sweet potato fries that I chopped up and cooked in a skillet to make home fries, I sauteed a green onion, the last of the bell peppers I prepped when I made a stir-fry earlier in the week. I also had a little bit of my homemade applesauce too.


I made a creamy dressing with the homemade mayonnaise I made yesterday. I wanted something like ranch dressing, so I also added dried dill and dried parsley. It turned out pretty good. It's no Hidden Valley Ranch, but it definitely added some variety. I had it on a salad of iceberg lettuce, half an avocado, some cucumber, and some roma tomato. I know iceberg lettuce isn't the most nutritionally-dense green, but it's cool and crunchy and I thought it would be great with my faux ranch dressing. I had the last of my chili along with some pico de gallo on top.

 
I had a snack in the afternoon while working at Starbucks. I made some trail mix with just some unsweetened coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, and raw almonds. I had a grande unsweetened iced black tea, too.


For dinner I made one of my favorite standbys, hamburgers, with some homemade mayo, mustard, pickle, avocado, and lettuce to garnish. I also made a Persian tomato and cucumber salad called Salad Shriazi. I added fresh cilantro to it as well. Later in the evening I had some watermelon because I felt like having a snack while watching tv.



I am loving the fresh produce right now!

1 comment:

  1. This all looks so good! I am hungry again, it is early in the morning and I have not had breakfast yet so this makes me really hungry! Mina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails