Sunday, June 17, 2012

Whole 30 Day 11

 For breakfast this morning, I chopped up one of my leftover mini hamburgers and mixed it into two scrambled eggs. I topped it with pico de gallo and had a little homemade applesauce on the side. Of course I had some black coffee to get me going. I had to have a good breakfast because, even though it was Sunday, I went to the field and worked all morning.


Because I worked so hard in the field I was so hungry! While I was out I had almost half a gallon of water. For lunch I ate a gigantic salad with more of the creamy dressing I made the day before. I made it with iceberg lettuce, tomato, and avocado. On the side I had the last of  my leftover sweet potato fries and two mini hamburgers. Because I'd worked so hard outside, I had some coconut water too. I tried Vita Coco coconut water before, but it had fruit juice mixed in. Because I'm avoiding juice during this Whole 30, I just had the plain coconut water and it tasted awesome! I think it might be my new favorite.
 





For dinner I made meatballs out of ground chicken thighs, which I hadn't tried before. The sauce I made was pretty good, but I found the meatballs to be sort of bland. If they'd been made with beef they'd have had more flavor. I may try them again, but add a lot more flavoring agents. I'm thinking about chopping the leftovers up and simmering them in the sauce for a while so they can absorb more flavor. I also had some green beans sauteed in olive oil with some onions and sprinkled with lime juice. I had some canary melon for dessert. You can see what the melon looked like whole in the second lunch picture. I hadn't had it before, but it was on sale for $0.87, so I thought it was worth a try!


 Have you tried any new produce this summer?

4 comments:

  1. Another great post, and yes, once again I am hungry! The meatballs look great, surprised that they were so bland w/them being from thighs. Have not tried any new fruits, this town I live in is stuck in the "stone ages" and thinks that anything outside of the banana/apple world is too weird! Mina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised they were bland, too, because I added lots of fresh basil, parsley, onion, and garlic. Next time I think I will add grated vegetables and some dried herbs, too. The sauce was really great. I'm going to chop the meatballs up and simmer them in the sauce and add more herbs then mix them with some spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome! Thanks for sharing :) I've been looking into the whole 30 for a while now.. still not too sure about it.
    Dems
    http://makewithyourhands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you do decide to try Whole 30, I hope it goes well for you!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails