Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Whole 30 Day 14

Last night I listened to my body when it said "go to bed early," so I woke up feeling really refreshed this morning. It was exactly what I needed. I was pretty hungry for breakfast, too, so I made a nice big meal of 2 over easy eggs cooked in olive oil, one and a half mini burgers (I think I mixed the other half of one into my scrambled eggs the other day), half an avocado, and some berries with unsweetened shredded coconut.



Lunch consisted of leftover chicken ragu with zucchini noodles, some melon, and some more ants on a log (celery with almond butter and raisins) because I noticed my celery is starting to look limp and I don't want it to go to waste!


I realized I hadn't had much fish during this challenge, so last night I bought some salmon brochettes that were on sale from one of the more "gourmet" grocery stores we have in town. I simply seasoned them with black pepper and coconut aminos and seared them in a pan that I melted some virgin coconut oil in. I had been in the field a little while today, but was mainly on  my feet in the lab working out an experiment, so I had some sweet potato fries. I like to toss the fries with olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon, cumin, and paprika and cook them at 400 degrees F for about 40 min, tossing in between. They're really good! I found leaving the skins on adds a nice chewiness, too, and I can save time by not peeling the potatoes. I didn't feel like cooking more vegetables because I had a few peppers and onions on the skewers already, so I just had a cold pack-style pickle on the side. After I took the picture I remembered I had a little bit of homemade mayo left, so I used that as a dip for my fish. This was a really filling meal...probably because I did get another handful of fries...I was really hungry!

 

In the evening I cooked some hard boiled eggs and had a small stalk of celery with almond butter on it along with a cup of peppermint tea. I didn't take pictures because it was pretty uneventful. I have been craving almond butter for the last couple of days, and I think it's a sign that I wasn't eating enough fat in the last few days. I hadn't had any coconut flakes for a couple of days, and I think I was skimping on avocado, too.

Off to bed early!

1 comment:

  1. Looking at your food first thing in the morning always makes me hungry, looks so good and appetizing, on to my bowl of cold cereal w/skim milk! Mina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails