Sunday, June 24, 2012

Whole 30 Day 18

I'm at the both the end and the start of two experiments, so all I have been doing is working lately. Therefore I'm a bit late on this post.

Every morning since starting Whole 30 I always wake up and look in the mirror to see if I look different. I have been beginning to notice how my clothes are fitting a little more loosely. Actually, I've been doing some sewing repairs to my summer clothes, and a shirt that I needed to take in 2 inches at the end of May now needs to be taken in 4 inches! I am anticipating my final results so badly!

Breakfast was really special today because I recently got some prosciutto to add more protein and flavor to my meals. I only had two eggs, so I cooked some finely diced vegetables to mix with the eggs. I cut two pieces of prosciutto in half and used them to wrap around the edges of four muffin cups, the I poured in the egg mixture and placed a few more shreds of prosciutto on top of the eggs. I ate all four muffins, but it really wasn't that much food because it was only 2 eggs and two pieces of ham with veggies. I also had some mango and blueberries on the side.




Lunch was simple: leftover cole slaw, a chicken leg, and a pickle. I had seconds on the chicken and cole slaw...

 

Dinner was pretty special because I made stuffed peppers. I hadn't made these in a long time. I made them with the help of a Persian recipe, adding cauliflower rice instead of regular rice. I prepared more cauliflower rice to go on the side. I just cooked it in the pan I cooked the meat in for less dishes, and I seasoned it with turmeric for a pretty color. This was a great meal, and things like stuffed peppers make awesome leftovers because they just taste better the longer they sit in the refrigerator!


Later on in the evening I wanted a snack, so I had a few ants on a long...celery with almond butter and raisins.



1 comment:

  1. I am very interested to see how this all turns out in the end. The food thus far has look fabulous and does not seem like you are "deprived" in your meals, looks like you always have a wide variety of foods! KEEP IT UP-ALMOST THERE!! Mina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails