Whole 30 Day 24

With such a hearty dinner from the night before, it took me a while for my appetite to pick up this morning. It was slim pickings in my produce bin, so I had to be a bit creative with my breakfast. I only had 1 kiwi and 2 apricots, so that was my fruit portion of my meal. I had a leftover burger from the night before topped with a small tomato, and two over easy eggs on the side.


My goal for the day was to do house work, so it was basically an active rest day. I was super sore from the workout from the night before, so I needed a break! Between my laundry folding and floor cleaning, I prepped two batches of applesauce in the slow cooker. Even though the apples were more ripe compared to the apples I used in the first batch on Day 8, they were still really tart. So, now I have lots of applesauce to eat now and store in the freezer for later.


Because my breakfast was so late and also quite big, it took me a while to be hungry for lunch. I kept it simple and had two scrambled eggs, some applesauce, and three raw carrots with almond butter. I never sandwiched carrots between almond butter before, but it was really tasty and I'm sure kids would like it. As I said, food is getting low so I didn't have much in the way of emergency protein or a variety of vegetables.



I was invited to a friend's house for dinner. I wasn't sure what would be served, so my sweetie and I made a fruit salad...he contributed the melon, I got the grapes. He's been so great about making sure there is always something for me to have. Together the fruits looked so pretty! At the party, they had burgers and chicken kebabs, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture. I had a burger with mustard wrapped in lettuce. I also had some of the grilled chicken and vegetables from the kebab. I had a big serving of fruit and they had a green salad, which I had a big spoon of too. I have found that my biggest temptation in social scenes is wine. I love wine; I consider it a "sensible indulgence" because I usually drink a dry wine, and therefore am not having a sugar bomb girly cocktail. It's one of the things I plan to add back in once this Whole 30 is over. I don't drink much, but for special occasions such as the bbq on Tuesday and then tonight, it would have been nice to have had a glass.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,