Saturday, July 7, 2012

Green Herb Seasoning



One day from my Whole 30 and I realize I need to make more spice blends for my series! For my next installment in my seasoning mix series, I combined ingredients from two different Penzey's spice blends, their Fines Herbes and Sunny Paris seasonings. I less-than-creatively call it Green Herb Seasoning because that's basically what it is! This would be perfect for pork, chicken, fish, vegetables, and dips. A plus, this is a salt-free seasoning so you can control how much sodium you want if your food.

Other spice blends to check out:
Roasted Chicken Seasoning
Homemade Salt-Free Old Bay-Style Seasoning

Green Herb Seasoning
Printable Recipe

1 tbsp ground bay leaf (I started with about 6 large whole leaves)
1 tsp black peppercorns (I used tellicherry)
2 tbsp dried chives
1 tbsp dried minced onion
1 tbsp dried tarragon
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried dill
1 tbsp dried parsley

1. In any type of grinder you might have, like a mini food processor, coffee grinder used just for spices, or even a mortar and pestle, grind the bay leaves and peppercorns together.


2. Add the remaining spices to the bay and pepper and pulse about 3 times to combine. Store in an empty jar in a cool, dry place.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails