October went by like a whirlwind thanks to all the projects and presentations I have been working on. Thankfully, I have time to post the last recipe in the mushroom series, Mini Mushroom Meatloaves featuring sliced cremini mushrooms from Kitchen Pride. The sliced mushrooms are really convenient because even if you want them diced all you have to do is tear them with your fingers instead of bothering to chop them.
This recipe makes 18 mini meatloaves the size of standard muffins, and they are great leftover for any meal (especially breakfast with a side of eggs!). I made so many just for myself because it's great to have something already prepared to rely on when you're really busy. I am sure you could also freeze them. If you don't want to go to the trouble to make muffins these would probably also make really great burgers if you form patties with the mixture and fry them in a pan.
- Creamy Beef and Mushroom Soup
- Mini Mushroom Pizzas
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Portabella Mushroom Gravy
- Primal Mushroom "Caulisotto"
Mini Mushroom Meatloaves
1 tbsp olive oil
1 8-oz package sliced cremini mushrooms, coarsely torn into pieces
1 small onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 lb ground pork
3/4 lb ground beef
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup + 2 tbsp marinara sauce, divided
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the mushrooms, onions, and garlic and saute until tender. Remove to the side to cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, mix the pork, beef, almonds, eggs, Italian seasoning, 2 tbsp of the marinara sauce, the cooked mushrooms and onions and salt and pepper. Thoroughly mix.
4. Press the mixture into 18 3" muffin cups. For easy cleanup, you can line the muffin pan with re-usable silicon muffin liners.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the juices run clear. While the meatloaves bake, heat the remaining marinara sauce. Remove the meatloaves from the oven and allow them to set 5 min before serving with a spoonful of marinara sauce on the side.
- Servings per recipe: 18
- Per serving:
- Calories: 106.1
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Cholesterol: 33.3 mg
- Sodium: 81.3 mg
- Carbohydrate: 2.4 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Sugars: 0.3 g
- Protein: 7.7 g