I am finally giving myself some time to get back to blogging after having been incredibly busy for the last few weeks. It's midterm time, so everything is coming due at once, which means I have been studying like crazy. I can actually report that I have been eating really well despite being busy; taking time to make proper meals has become a habit.
Primal Mushroom "Caulisotto"
1 tbsp butter
1 large shallot, minced
1 8-oz package white button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp dry white wine
2 tbsp chicken or vegetable stock
1 medium head of cauliflower, grated on the coarse side of a box grater
2 tbsp heavy cream
3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
pinch of minced parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until tender.
2. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until soft.
3. Add the wine and stock and cook down over medium-high heat until all the liquid has evaporated.
4. Stir in the grated cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but not mush.
5. Blend in the cream, Parmesan, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately, garnished with more Parmesan.
- Servings per recipe: 4
- Per serving:
- Calories: 117.4
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated fat: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 20.9 mg
- Sodium: 177.3 mg
- Carbohydrate: 10.4 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Sugars: 0.5 g
- Protein: 5.7 g