End of the Week Review of Once a Week Cooking

Here are the latter meals I had in my week of once a week cooking, and my review of the experience:

Wednesday's meals included:

Breakfast: Scramble of 2 eggs+4 egg whites (been trying to get more protein into my day, so I have been adding egg whites), 1 sausage (I cooked it along with a couple others that morning, then re-used the pan for the eggs), and 4 roasted asparagus spears
Snack: celery with sunflower seed butter and raisins (ants on a log!)
Lunch: Burger with lettuce, tomato, and brown mustard with 4 oz each roasted broccoli and sweet potato fries
Dinner: Grain-free Chicken Cordon Bleu (7 oz), 4 oz roasted asparagus
Snack: dried apple chips and a slice of turkey and cheese




Thursday's Meals included:
Breakfast:  Scramble of 2 eggs+4 egg whites, 3 pieces of bacon, and 4 roasted asparagus spears
Lunch: Burger with lettuce, tomato, and brown mustard with 4 oz each roasted broccoli and sweet potato fries
Snack: Larabar
Dinner: Green Chili Taco Salad
Snack: Pumpkin yogurt without the apples

At this point I ran out of lettuce and tomato except for the salad I packed for the next day, meaning I didn't have enough veggies left for the last serving of green chili meat. Next time I need to buy more lettuce and tomatoes!

Friday:
Breakfast: two pork sausages with two eggs fried in pastured butter and homemade raw fermented sauerkraut
Lunch: Green Chili Taco Salad
Snack: 6 oz Greek yogurt with 4 oz frozen blueberries
Dinner: Grain-free Chicken Cordon Bleu (7 oz), 4 oz roasted asparagus
Snack: raisins and cashews

Saturday:
Breakfast: pork sausages with scrambled eggs
Lunch: Grain-free Chicken Cordon Bleu, sweet potatoes, broccoli
Dinner: out (Freebird's)
Snack: raisins and cashews

Sunday:
Breakfast: pork sausages with scrambled eggs
Lunch: Grain-free Chicken Cordon Bleu, sweet potatoes, broccoli
Dinner: this is the point I start with newly prepared food

I really loved this method for maintaining healthy meals in the week. I had plenty of proteins and side dishes to mix-and-match with. I ended the week with one chicken breast and one serving of green chili beef, which I thought meant that I planned pretty well. I felt less frazzled last week, which is a really good thing, and I also noticed I was able to get out the door in the morning a little earlier. I will try this method again and will hopefully streamline it so that my meal prep takes minimal time.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,