Happy Birthday Chow Bella!

Chow Bella has been around for another year, and officially turned 4 on January 1! I didn't get to blog yesterday because I was enjoying spending New Year's Day with my family, and consequently, I am blogging this on my own birthday!

I haven't detailed much of my holidays, mainly because the things that I cooked are repeats from posts I have written. Recipe I cooked lately included: Cornish Game Hens with Orange and Herb Glaze for Christmas Eve, Pistachio Pear Spinach Salad for Christmas Day and New Year's Eve,  Sauteed Cabbage with Sausage and Mushrooms (sans mushrooms) for New Year's Day (cabbage for good luck, of course), also Honey Lemon Glazed Pork Medallions, One-skillet Pork Chop Dinner with Sauteed Cabbage, Apples, and Onions, and One-Pan Spice Roasted Chicken and Vegetables. For presents, I got a lot of great books:


From top to bottom:

It Starts with Food by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig
The Paleo Answer by Loren Cordain
Well Fed by by Melissa Joulwan
Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon with Mary Enig
Paleo Comfort Foods by Julie and Charles Mayfield

I haven't cooked from the bottom three books yet, but I have started reading both It Starts with Food and The Paleo Answer (which I was concurrently reading along with Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice...I like to read!). I have selected some recipes from Well Fed to try on my first once a week cooking when I get back to Texas, and I hope to make a post for those.

With that I will say Happy Birthday Chow Bella! If you have kept up with the site since the start, thank you. If you are new to the site, thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy these posts!

Labels: ,