Saturday, February 8, 2014

What I've been cooking lately

As much as I like developing new recipes, I do like trying new recipes that other people have come up with! I've been using a lot of sources for my food prep. Here are some of the things I've been cooking lately:

For breakfast I've made Stupid Easy Paleo's Hearty Spinach Beef Frittata. It is delicious and keeps me full for a long time. I typically put sausage or bacon into my frittatas, but good ol' ground beef tastes great too! I cut the frittata into pieces and put them in separate containers to reheat during the week.



I tried the recipe for Cheeseburger Soup from the Wheat Belly Cookbook in order to use up some chicken broth that I made. It was really good! It reminded me of potato soup (I guess this would be a mock potato soup) but with hamburger instead of pieces of ham or bacon. I think I could get this to taste pretty close to my mom's potato soup if I added celery and some ham instead of hamburger. This was a tricky one to photograph, but below is my mug of soup. I also had spinach salad on the side (not pictured). I like to have soup in mugs and then eat from them while I slump on the couch watching TV. I'm not really sure if it photographed too nicely, but here is a picture in case you are curious:



I also made some bodacious turkey burgers that I topped with avocado, homemade mayo, raw fermented pickle, bacon, and some other things and wrapped with lettuce. Not really a recipe but really good!



One of my all-time favorite Paleo recipes is Smoky Lime Marinade from the Primal Palate. I like to use it to marinate pork chops. I served some garlicky sauteed mushrooms on the side. I actually prepared a quadruple batch and froze smaller portions for use later in the semester when things get hectic. 



So that's what I've had on my menu lately! I hope you get some ideas of things to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails