Outfits of the Week (OOTW): January 24-30


Hey everyone! This has nothing to do with food, but I want to give you a better few of my day-to-day life. I love cooking, but I also love fashion! Both are forms of self expression for me. So I'm going to contribute my own #OOTW #fashionfriday material!

I would say my style is pretty eclectic. I love online boutiques because I seldom take the time to go out and shop. Every once and a while I get in the mood to dig around consignment shops, where you can find a lot of current and vintage pieces. I try to find comfortable pieces that are easy to mix-and-match so I can get the most wear out of them.

Some of these favorite items are from previous seasons, vintage, or one-of-a-kind, so I'll provide links when I can! Despite that, I hope you feel inspired.

I got these silver paisley earrings at a little shop I happened upon in Pacifica, CA while driving around during Thanksgiving. The lady who owns the shop re-purposes items into jewelry. She had so many to choose from, but amongst all of them, these earrings popped out. I love paisley print, and I also love the contrast between the silver and the gold moonstones. I read that moonstones protect travelers, so these were perfect since I was having an adventure traveling by myself around the northern California area (I should have done a post on that...would it be weird to post in January something I did in November? comment below). I feel like they look so special.


The paisley earrings go with a lot, and I paired them with one of my favorite sweaters. Navy is one of my favorite colors to wear, and I love the muted stripes on this one. I also have my FAVORITE new boots from Naturalizer. These boots are so comfortable. During my trip up the coast in November, I wore them with flannel shirts and a puffy vest.





Earrings: Successories
Necklace: I don't know where I got it I've had it for a long time!
Sweater: Sonoma from Kohl's
Jeans: Sonoma from Kohl's
Boots: Naturalizer
Jacket: Magellan from Academy Sports

One of my favorite online boutiques is Dressing Your Truth. I discovered the program while working on some personal growth back in March 2015. Based on the information online, I assessed myself as a Type 2. I've been transitioning my wardrobe to include more Type 2 clothes, and it's made putting outfits together really easy!




Earrings: purchased from World Market last summer
Necklace: I don't know where I got it I've had it for a long time!
Shirt: by T-Party from Dressing Your Truth Type 2 Store
Jeans: Sonoma from Kohl's
Boots: Target a couple of seasons ago
Hairstyle: Instructions can be found here. I just didn't use extensions...or mermaid makeup.

Next is a jacket that I got for Christmas. It can be worn two different ways: as a moto-type jacket when zipped or as a flyaway when open.




Necklace: Old Navy on clearance several seasons ago
Scarf: Apt. 9 from Kohl's
Jacket: Apt. 9 from Kohl's
Camisole: Apt. 9 from Kohl's
Jeans: Sonoma  from Kohl's in black
Tall black boots: NaturalSoul by Naturalizer from Kohl's

This is another creation using pieces from the DYT Type 2 store. The scarf, with tones of brown, dark teal, and orange, really pulls this look together, in my opinion. The vest is so soft and feels really cozy, and I think it complements the dark teal top. I love the sparkly marbled detail in the necklace. I can attest to the comfort of these shoes. I had barely worn them when I took an impromptu trip to San Francisco and wore them all over the place without getting blisters.




Vest: Type 2 Winter Artisan Vest
Shirt: Soft-T in Starry Night
Necklace: Poised Pendant Necklace
Earrings: purchased from World Market last summer
Jeans: Sonoma from Kohl's
Shoes: Naturalizer

I hoped you enjoyed these Outfits of the Week and have a great weekend. What do you have planned? Are you cooking anything special? Comment below!

Labels: ,