Outfits of the Week (OOTW): January 31-February 6


Here are my outfits from the previous week! It's been really fun for me to show s to some of my favorite outfits. Just like last week, some of these pieces I've had for a long time, so I'm not sure if they will be available anymore.

This whole outfit attracted me in the Dressing Your Truth store because the shade of the t-shirt is "pinot," which is kind of perfect for a wine lover like me! I've identified myself as a type 2, but I couldn't resist the t-shirt and the snuggly sweater. I love the holes in the lace, because they let the t-shirt show through. The scarf came from a Tibetan store on Haight Street in San Francisco during my unplanned trip last November. Paisley is one of my favorite prints, and this scarf has all my favorite colors. It was really hard to style my hair the day I took this picture so I got a haircut afterwards!





T-shirt: by Kavio, Hot-T in Pinot from Dressing Your Truth Type 3 Store
Sweater: Bada Bing sweater Dressing Your Truth Type 3 Store
Necklace: Forever 21
Earrings: not sure, I've had them a long time
Scarf: Tibetan Gift Corner 1584 Haight St. San Francisco, CA
Jeans: Sonoma from Kohl's
Boots: Naturalizer

I only got about 2 inches taken off. Much more manageable. I've been using the same inspiration picture for about a year, and it's really interesting to see each stylist's interpretation. 

I love this blue sweater because the back is long and floaty. There is a bead in this necklace that matches the sweater perfectly. I usually wear long necklaces, but I like how busy this short one is. I've used black and white as my basic neutrals almost exclusively for a long time. Now I've gotten into using charcoal as a different type of neutral. I like how it's softer than black.





Cardigan: Into Grey Cardigan by T-party from Dressing Your Truth Type 2 Store
Tank top: Old Navy
Jeans: Sonoma from Kohl's
Necklace and Earring: Jellyfish Bloom from Dressing Your Truth Type 2 Store
Shoes: Nuture from Dillards
Haircut inspiration photo here

I wasn't liking the length of the top layer of my haircut, so I ended up chopping on it a little bit. Finally I was happy. You might be able to see the top is about an inch shorter in the next two pictures. I have my favorite daytime red lipstick on in this picture. It's workable for the day because it's not to much of a true red. It's more of a brick red. These top and earrings are also from the Dressing Your Truth type 3 store. I know I shouldn't jump around stores, but the cream color of this top and the embroidery attracted me. I just felt like giving it a try.



Shirt: Desert Jasmine top Dressing Your Truth Type 3 Store
Jacket: Magellan from Academy
Jeans: Sonoma from Kohl's
Earrings: Dressing Your Truth Type 3 Store
Boots: Naturalizer (picture in first outfit)
Lipstick: Burt's Bees lip crayon in Redwood Forest

I love the combination of grey and purple. The tie dyed splotches in the t-shirt are kind of light grey, so I thought they were the perfect match for this light grey sweater. It started raining during these pictures. More like a sun shower, so my photos still had good lighting! This cozy sweater was perfect for what turned out to be a rainy day. The last picture of me in my new glasses is for my mom. She's a Big Bang Theory fan and she said these are Penny glasses..."molecules!"







Scarf: street vendor in Charleston, South Carolina
Necklace: World Market
T-shirt: Retro Wash Soft-T in Purple Dressing Your Truth Type 2 Store
Earrings: part of a set by Croft & Barrow from Kohl's
Cardigan: Sonoma from Kohl's
Jeans: Levi's 505
Shoes: Merona from Target

Labels: