Piperade Egg Cups (21 Day Fix-Approved and Paleo)


I recently read Julia Child's autobiography, My Life in France, which has been a great source of inspiration for me in the kitchen and for my life in general. I went to the library and got Mastering the Art of French Cooking Vol I and II, and The French Chef Cookbook, which features the recipes from Julia's tv show. I've been sifting through the recipes and imagining fabulous dinner parties I could have.

In Julia's autobiography, she describes her correspondence with Avis DeVoto. They bonded over their love of French cuisine, and she talked about one of Avis' favorite dishes, an omelette piperade. Piperade is a vegetables mixture which includes peppers and onions. Omelette piperade is an open-faced omelette rather than one of the quick French omelettes and is similar to a frittata. Here is my portable version of piperade.

Piperade Egg Cups
Printable Recipe

2 tbsp olive oil
12 slices nitrite-free ham (no sugar added)
2 cups diced peppers
1 cup diced onions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
10 eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper, to taste
Coconut oil cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the peppers, and onions and cook until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned. Add and and saute a few minutes more. Add garlic and thyme and cook about 30 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Blend the eggs, parsley, cooled pepper mixture, and salt and pepper together. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide the mixture into the tin using a 1/3 cup measuring cup. Bake 20-22 min or until slightly firm to the touch.

For 2 egg cups:
1/2 green, 1 red, 1 tsp



Labels: , , , , , , , ,